Mmm … don’t you just love spices? This combination of sweet apple mixed with the heat of ginger and the earthy flavor of rooibos is perfect for the winter season. It’s called, ‘Refreshingly, Cape Grace’ as it is the first sip you take when you walk into the Cape Grace hotel after a long trip. Below I have the recipe in metric as well as US conversions.
Rooibos Tea – 5 Tea bags
Hot water – 2.5 Litre
Apple Juice – 1 Litre
Ginger – Add to taste
Vanilla infused Castor Sugar
1. Brew 5 Rooibos teabags in 2.5 litres of boiling water
2. Allow to cool, then add 1 litre of Apple Juice
3. Add Vanilla infused castor sugar and ginger to taste
4. Chill and pour over ice.
Refreshingly, Cape Grace: Apple Ginger Rooibos Tea (US)
1. Boil water and steep tea and ginger in tea pot for 4 to 7 minutes.
2. Add 2 cups of apple juice.
3. Mix in vanilla sugar to taste.
4. Serve hot or chilled.