Wild Ginger Sauce a condiment that goes with a traditional Balinese Breakfast Recipe, Burbur Ayam. It’s also a fantastic marinade for chicken or pork if you’d like to add a little Balinese flavor to another recipe.
|Recipe: Wild Ginger Sauce "Suna Cekuh"|| |
- ¼ Cup chopped shallot
- ¾ Cup chopped garlic
- ⅓ Cup wild ginger
- 2 tsp hot chili
- 1½ Tbsp galangal (optional)
- ½ tsp crushed black peppercorn
- 1½ Tbsp chopped fresh tumeric
- Heat up 1 - 2 Tbsp of oil in a pan.
- Add all ingredients listed above and stir just until they're aromatic, but not cooked through.
- Add mixture to a food processor and blend until it becomes a paste.
- Place back into a shallow pan and bring to a boil. Remove from stove and let it cool down.
- Mix the wild ginger sauce with salt, pepper, and lime juice for seasoning.