- 4 ounces almond paste
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 cups almond milk (plus one additional cup for serving)
- Optional: 4 ounces amaretto
- Break up the almond paste into quarter inch chunks and add to a blender.
- Pour the 1/4 cup of sugar and 3 cups of almond milk over the almond paste.
- Blend on high speed until the ingredients are well mixed. Stir with a spoon to make sure the almond paste is well blended into the milk.
- Pour blended almond mixture into two ice cube trays and freeze overnight.
- When ready to serve, add the frozen almond cubes to a blender and pour one 1/2 cup almond milk on top. Blend on high speed until the texture becomes a slush, adding 1/4 cup of almond milk at a time if the slush texture is a bit to dry.
- Scoop almond granita into four cups and serve with a spoon and a straw.
- Optional: You can make them boozy by adding 1 ounce of amaretto (almond flavored Italian liquor) to each glass.
- Category: Desserts
- Cuisine: Italian