- 2 3/4 cups of flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup of chilled butter
- 3/4 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 2 large eggs
- zest of one orange
- juice of one orange
- 1 pint of fresh blueberries (freeze them overnight before using
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Add heavy cream and eggs to dry ingredients.
- Zest one orange, then cut in half and juice.
- Cut butter into very small pieces and mix into dough. Don’t over mix. Butter should be about the size of peas when you are done mixing it into dough.
- Coat fresh frozen blueberries with a light dusting of flour then add by folding gently into dough.
- Place about a cup of flour onto counter and place half of dough on it. Coat dough lightly with flour and form a round disk with the dough. It should be about 10 inches around.
- Cut circle of dough into 4 sections. Remove excess flour from scones and place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Repeat with second half of dough.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 45 minutes.
- Add orange icing and serve!
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American