This recipe is for one serving, but is easy to double up to make additional bowls ahead of time and chill in the refrigerator for breakfast.
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 apple
- 1 teaspoon chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon sunflower seeds
- Soak the rolled oats in milk for about 5-10 minutes
- While the oats are soaking, grate half of the apple using a large stand-up cheese grater and then add the shredded apple to the oats. Slice the remaining half of the apple into small chunks or slivers to use for topping.
- Once the oats have soaked up the milk, mix in the Greek yogurt.
- Drizzle with honey, and sprinkle the walnuts, sunflower seeds, and chopped apple on top. Cover and chill in your refrigerator for at least an hour, or let it sit overnight for breakfast the next morning.
- TIPS: I swap out the regular milk for coconut or almond milk. Also, I recommend a tart variety of apple that is really firm, otherwise your grated apple will be more like applesauce. I also put just a little bit of honey at the bottom to counter the tartness of the yogurt.
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: German