A zesty ginger beverage that’s sure to refresh you in summer heat or ward off a winter cold. Discovered at the Four Seasons Resort Bali at Sayan.
- 5–6 Fresh Limes
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- 1/2 lb Ginger Root (About the size of your hand)
- 8 Cups Water
- Carefully peel the ginger root using a carrot peeler or sharp knife and then cut the root into smaller pieces. Don’t worry about removing all the skin since you’ll pass the juice through a strainer.
- Add the ginger pieces to a food processor and pulverize to a chunky pulp. Add the ginger to a tea pot.
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil, then pour the water over the ginger in the tea pot as if you were making tea. Let it steep for 10 minutes.
- While the ginger is steeping, roll the limes between your palms and the counter top to loosen up the juices. Then cut them in half and juice the limes using a citrus reamer or juicer and pour the lime juice into a pitcher.
- After the ginger is finished steeping, pour the ginger tea through a mesh strainer into to pitcher with the lime juice. Next ddd the honey and stir until dissolved.
- Add the remaining 4 cups of water, or for a natural ginger ale, add 4 cups of seltzer water instead.
- Category: Beverage
- Cuisine: Asian