- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 lemons, zest (roughly 2 Tbsp)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup white sugar (for crumble)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour (for crumble)
- 1/2 stick butter, cubed
- Start by making your crumb topping, mixing together the 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, and 1/2 stick of butter with a fork or pastry cutter. Once the butter is blended in with the flour and sugar, place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Line muffin tin with foil muffin liners.
- Whisk together 2 cups of flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt, and baking powder in a medium bowl.
- Zest two lemons over flour mixture. Cut lemons in half, and then squeeze juice into a separate bowl or cup. Measure out 2 Tbsp of lemon juice and add to flour mixture.
- Add milk, oil, and beaten eggs to flour mixture and blend ingredients using a fork or spoon (do not use a hand mixer or Kitchenaid stand, this will make your muffins tough and keep them from rising)
- After wet ingredients are blended in, gently fold in the blueberries and then spoon batter into muffin cups.
- Spoon refrigerated crumb topping onto each of the muffins and bake at 400F for 20-25 minutes.
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American