- 8 oz cavatappi pasta
- 1 1/2 pints grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta al dente according to package instructions.
- While pasta is cooking, crush the pistachios with a mortar and pestle, or by using a small food processor. Set aside.
- Cut the grape tomatoes in half. Heat olive oil in a skillet on medium heat, then add the cut tomatoes and sauté until they’re soft and tender. Set aside.
- Once pasta is done cooking, drain into colander and set aside.
- Add the ricotta cheese to the same pot you used to cook the pasta, then zest the lemon over the cheese, then cut the lemon in half and squeeze juice into the pot as well. Whisk cheese and lemon juice together until well blended. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
- Next, add the cavatappi back to the pot with the lemon ricotta sauce and mix well until all the noodles are covered.
- Serve by dividing the pasta among four plates, then topping with the sautéed tomatoes and crushed pistachio.
- Category: Main Dishes
- Cuisine: Italian