- 2 – 4 pound pork shoulder
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 white onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 – 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 avocados
- 1 red onion
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 3 limes
- 8 –10 corn tortillas
- Add the olive oil to your slow cooker and turn heat to high.
- Rinse the pork shoulder, then dry with a paper towel.
- Mix together the spices — chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Then rub the spice mix all over the pork shoulder and place in slow cooker.
- Add 2 cups of broth, coarsely chopped white onion, and bay leaves. Slice one lime in half, squeeze the juice into the slow cooker, then add the two lime halves too.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 8 hours, or high heat for 4 hours. Pork is done when it can easily be pulled apart with two forks.
- When ready to serve, slice the avocado, red onion, and remaining limes. Arrange the avocado, red onion, cilantro, lime, and tortillas on a large plate or cutting board for taco assemly.
- Category: Main Dishes
- Cuisine: Mexican