- 1 large white onion, diced
- 2 large red bell peppers (approx 2 cup), diced
- 2 cups quinoa
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1–2 Haas avocados
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 2 limes
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet, then add diced onion and bell peppers for about 5 minutes until softened.
- Pour in vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Stir in corn, quinoa, and spices. (Omit the cayenne if you want it mild)
- Reduce heat to low/medium, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes until quinoa is fully cooked.
- Remove cover, stir in beans and cook 1-2 minutes.
- Serve with cilantro, avocado, and lime.
- Category: Main Dishes
- Cuisine: Mexican