- 1 15-ounce can of chickpeas, drained
- 1 15-ounce can of chickpeas, with liquid
- 2 ripe lemons
- 1/4 cup of sesame seeds or Tahini
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 peeled garlic clove
- Add all ingredients to blender and blend on a low to medium speed for 30 seconds.
- Tamper down the ingredients from the sides, then blend on high speed for 30 seconds to a minute.
- Transfer hummus from blender into a serving bowl, and with a spoon, create a valley to drizzle a little olive oil into. Sprinkle with sumac or paprika, and garnish with chickpeas and parsley.
- Serve with warm pita bread.
- Category: Appetizers
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern