- 1 1/2 lbs stewing diced beef
- 1 quart beef stock
- 1 bottle Guinness Draught Stout
- 1 large carrot – diced
- 1 large parsnip – diced
- 1 medium onion – diced
- 2 celery stalks – quartered
- springs of fresh thyme and rosemary
- salt and pepper to taste
- mashed potatoes to serve on the side.
- Prep all the vegetables by washing and dicing. It will be approximately 1 cup of each, but it is okay if it is a little less or a little more since you’re making a stew.
- Layer all the ingredients into a slow cooker, starting with the onions, then the beef, carrot, parsnip, celery, salt, pepper, and sprigs of rosemary and thyme. (Save a little bit of the herbs for garnish.)
- Pour beef stock and Guinness over all the ingredients and set the slow cooker on high heat for a minimum of 6 hours.
- When ready to serve, remove the celery stalks and springs of herbs (it is okay if some of the rosemary and thyme leaves have fallen off into the stew.)
- Spoon into bowls and serve with mashed potatoes.
- Category: Main Dishes
- Cuisine: Irish