- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 2 cups shredded jack cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups corn (frozen, fresh, or canned)
- 16 oz. green chiles
- 2 tbsp lavender
- 2–3 cups shredded potatoes (hash browns)
- sour cream
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, dry mustard, salt and cayenne pepper. Then add in the eggs and mix thoroughly.
- Mix in the cottage cheese, shredded jack cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, corn, and green chiles.
- Sprinkle in the lavender, rubbing it between your finger or palms to release aroma and flavor.
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray and layer the bottom of the pan with hash browns.
- Next, pour the cheese/egg mixture over the potatoes.
- Dust with paprika and bake at 350 degrees for an hour.
- Serve with tortillas, salsa, sour cream, and your favorite hot sauces.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Southwest
Keywords: southwest casserole, egg casserole, breakfast casserole