- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 cups kale
- 3 Tbsp pine nuts
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Start by dry roasting the garlic cloves on a stovetop. Leaving the skin on the cloves, place them in dry skillet over medium heat. Toast them for about 7 to 8 minutes, turning them over with tongs or shaking the pan until they’re are brown. Let them cool for 5 minutes, then remove the skins from cloves.
- Add all the ingredients into a blender or food processor in the order they’re listed above.
- Secure lid and blend on low to medium speed until smooth.
- Pour over cooked pasta and mix together. This recipe makes enough pesto for a 16 ounces (typically 1 box) of cooked pasta. I prefer to serve it with shells or ziti.
- Category: Main Dishes
- Cuisine: Italian