1 shallot, finely chopped
1–3 garlic cloves, minced
1 pint cherry tomatoes, whole
1 package of strozzapreti (approx. 16 ounces)
5 oz arugula (approx. 4 cups)
1 can cannellini beans (approx. 15.5 ounces)
2–3 Tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
fresh grated Parmigiano Reggiano to taste
1. Bring large pot of water to boil, add salt, and cook pasta according to package directions. If making fresh pasta, cook for 2-3 minutes. Boxed pasta, approximately 7-9 minutes. Al dente is preferred.
2. While pasta is cooking, sauté the tomatoes with a little olive oil in a large sauté pan set to medium heat.
3. After 3-4 minutes, once the tomatoes start to cook, add the garlic and shallots and cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until the tomatoes start to split.
4. Next, add the cannellini beans and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
5. Finally, add the arugula and cook just until wilted. Remove from heat.
6. Strain the cooked pasta, add to the sauté pan, and toss all the ingredients together.
7. Season with salt and pepper and top with fresh grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.
- Cuisine: Italian