- 8 Cups butternut squash, cubed
- 1 cup cooked bacon, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh sage
- 1 Tbsp Ghee or clarified butter
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
- Add 4 cups of the cubed butternut squash to a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 2-3 minutes. Do not overcook. Repeat this step for the remaining 4 cups of butternut squash.
- Heat ghee in a large skillet on medium heat until melted. Once the ghee is hot, add the chopped bacon and sage and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the microwaved butternut squash to the pan and sauté an additional 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Using a large spoon or spatula, scoop the butternut squash, bacon, and sage into a serving dish. Garnish with left over sage leaves.
How To Bake Bacon: Line a baking sheet with foil and lay out the bacon evenly across the pan. Heat oven to 400 degrees and bake for 10-15 minutes until bacon has reached desired crispiness. Remove from oven, and using tongs, move bacon to a paper towel lined plate to drain. Let cool for 3-5 minutes. Then it is ready to chop.