I fell in love with rooibos tea during my first trip to South Africa. Rooibos has a natural sweetness to it that makes it irresistible to me. This rooibos recipe below is from a hotel in Cape Town called Cape Grace. The combination of sweet apple mixed with ginger and the earthy flavor of rooibos makes a tasty, almost dessert-like tea. In the summer, I love to sip it on ice. And in the cooler months, the slight heat from the ginger makes this rooibos tea recipe the perfect winter warm-up.
This rooibos tea recipe is called, ‘Refreshingly, Cape Grace’ as it is the first sip you take when you walk into the Cape Grace hotel after a long flight to get to Cape Town. Enjoy!
Apple Ginger Rooibos Tea RecipePrint
- 6 tsp of loose leaf rooibos tea
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups apple juice or sparkling cider
- Vanilla sugar to taste (make at home or purchase)
- Boil water and steep tea and ginger in tea pot for 4 to 7 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of apple juice.
- Mix in vanilla sugar to taste.
- Serve hot or chilled.
- Category: Drinks
- Cuisine: South African