I’m not typically a fan of tequila, though this cucumber margarita with a hint of mint can certainly sway me. What I learned from taking a couple of tequila tasting classes in Mexico is that the quality of the tequila matters. And combine a good tequila with cucumber and a hint of mint, and you’ve got yourself one refreshing cocktail.
It’s perfect for celebrating the end of summer as well as National Tequila Day on July 24th. Cheers!
Cucumber Margarita Recipe Ingredients
- cucumber – Whole fresh cucumber will give this cucumber margarita a refreshing flavor. Peel the tough skin and remove the seeds before blending. Or keep the peel for a more colorful cocktail.
- sugar – If you want to make this less sweet and more tangy, the sugar can be omitted. But a little sweetness offers a nice balance to this margarita.
- key lime juice – Key lime juice is more tart and has a unique flavor compared to limes. But in a pinch, if you don’t have key lime juice, you could use regular lime juice a substitute.
- mint – A hint of mint in this cucumber margarita just adds a bit of cooling freshness that makes the overall flavor really pop.
- tequila blanco or reposado – Tequila blanco is not aged and will be clear and crisp. A tequila resposado is slightly aged and will have a more robust flavor than a tequila blanco. Use which ever one is your preference for tequila.
- orange liqueur – Orange liqueur, such as triple sec or curaçao, gives this margarita a subtle fruity flavor as well as sweet and bitter notes.
- Tabasco Original Red Sauce – Tabasco is the “secret sauce” that enhances all the flavors of this margarita. It’s not too spicy when blended, it’s just right.
- Ice – You can make this margarita on the rocks or blended (we like it blended!)
- Salt to rim glasses
- 2 cucumber slices
How To Make A Cucumber Margarita
Blend all ingredients (saving the salt and 2 cucumber slices for garnish) in a blender for one minute.
Divide between two 6-ounce salt-rimmed glasses.
Garnish each glass with salt and a cucumber slice.
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber, peeled and seeded
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup key lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped mint
- 1/3 cup tequila reposado
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur
- 1/8 teaspoon Tabasco Original Red Sauce
- ice cubes
- Blend all ingredients (saving the salt and 2 cucumber slices for garnish) in a blender for one minute.
- Divide between two 6-ounce salt-rimmed glasses.
- Garnish each glass with salt and a cucumber slice.
Garnish with salt to rim glasses and cucumber slices.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g
Originally published in 2014. Updated in 2022.