I’m not typically a fan of tequila, though this cucumber mint margarita can certainly sway me. I have attended a couple of tequila tastings in Mexico. And while it gave me a better appreciation for tequila, one of those tastings ended up with me eat a cricket. That’s a pretty wild night for a foodie!
My drink of choice is typically much more mellow; gin cocktails like refreshing gin and tonic with cucumber. Or a sweet and minty mojito. This cucumber mint margarita recipe combines two of my favorite flavors and makes it enticing enough for me to try tequila again.
It’s perfect for celebrating the end of summer as well as National Tequila Day on July 24th. Cheers!
Cucumber Mint Margarita
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber, peeled and seeded
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup key lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped mint
- 1/3 cup tequila reposado
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur
- 1/8 teaspoon Tabasco Original Red Sauce
- 6 ice cubes
- Salt to rim glasses
- 2 cucumber slices
- Blend all ingredients (saving the salt and 2 cucumber slices for garnish) in a blender for one minute.
- Divide between two 6-ounce salt-rimmed glasses.
- Garnish each glass with salt and a cucumber slice.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g
This post brought to you courtesy of Tabasco. As always, all thoughts, opinions, and affinity for food, G&T’s, cucumbers, and mojitos are entirely my own.