Inspired by my trip to London to explore gin, and my recent trip to Thailand, here’s a cocktail that infuses the tropical and spiced flavors of Asia including ingredients like mango, ginger, and an unusual gin I found in London that is cardamom forward, Ophir Spiced Gin. I garnished these with rambutan, a hot pink softly spiked tropical fruit that is similar to lychee. Here in our house, we refer to Rambutan as “punk rock lychee.” I also added a swizzle stick of lemon grass which subtly added a hint of zest to the cocktail that balanced out the flavors. It’s a simple drink to make and one that easily impresses guests when entertaining. Enjoy!
Opihr Spiced Gin Oriental Sunrise CocktailPrint
- 2 ounces Opihr Spiced Gin
- 2 ounces mango juice
- 2–3 ounces Fever Tree Ginger Beer
- Garnish with lemongrass and tropical fruit
- To prepare the lemongrass, cut of the end to desired height so that it can be used as a flavor enhancing stir. Then, peel away a few of the outer layers to get to the lemon fragrance.
- Next, a tall glass with crushed ice and add the gin, mango juice, then top with the ginger beer.
- Stir using a sprig of lemongrass and garnish with tropical fruit such as lychee or starfruit.
- Category: Drinks
- Cuisine: Asian