If there’s one thing we can’t get enough of, it’s peanut butter. It’s Pete’s favorite sweet and my favorite nut butter. I’ve even stashed a few individual packets of peanut butter in my carry on for a healthy on-the-go snack that I’ll typically pair up with an apple or banana when I’m traveling.
Recently, I got into PB2 since it’s a bit more TSA friendly than a “gel-like” nut butter. After mixing it up one day with a bit of water, that got me thinking, “I wonder if I can mix this in with cocoa for hot chocolate?” The answer is, yes! It makes a delicious peanut butter hot chocolate! Here’s the recipe below.
- 4 Tbsp Sugar
- 4 Tbsp PB2
- 2 Tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2 cup milk (or substitute with almond, cashew, or coconut milk)
- Pour milk in microwave safe container and microwave for 1:00 to 1:30 minutes. I prefer to use a glass measuring cup that has a pouring spout.
- Whisk the sugar, PB2, and cocoa powder into the warmed milk and blend until dissolved.
- Pour the peanut butter hot chocolate into a mug through a sieve so that you'll catch any solid pieces that didn't dissolve.
- Top with whipped cream and a mini chocolate peanut butter candy and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 303Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 218mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 2gSugar: 27gProtein: 16g
Nutritional information provided only an estimate.
Love it? Pin it! 🙂
This is not a sponsored post. One of the girls in my running group introduced me to PB2 and I love it! Just thought you should know. 😉