During the summertime, I’m always looking for a light, refreshing dish for lunch or dinner. And this edamame salad with chickpeas, tomatoes, and feta is protein packed and so quick and easy to make. Perfect for picnics or an easy weeknight meal, this chickpea salad has become one of our favorites.
Edamame & Chickpea Salad
Chickpeas are a pantry staple, and frozen shelled edamame will keep for awhile in the freezer, so it’s easy to always have these two ingredients on hand. Add to that some heirloom grape tomatoes from the farmer’s market, and you’ve got a pretty colorful salad. The dressing is Asian-inspired, with a little sesame oil for a somewhat nutty flavor, and rice vinegar for just the right amount of zing.
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cups frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 oz feta cheese
- 1 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1 15 ounce can of chickpeas
- 1 1/2 Tbsp sesame oil
- salt and pepper to tastes
- Add the edamame, tomatoes, chickpeas, parsley, and feta to a medium sized bowl.
- Pour the sesame oil and vinegar over the edamame mix and gently toss.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve cold.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 350Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 356mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 11gSugar: 10gProtein: 17g
Nutritional information provided is only an estimate.