This cucumber melon smoothie is just lightly sweet and has a definitive cucumber flavor that is so refreshing it reminds me of something you’d get at a spa! The inspiration came from my cucumber melon scented soaps and lotions. But I don’t think I’ve actually made anything flavored cucumber melon until now! After minor dental surgery (no fun) I had to only eat soft foods for two weeks. The tricky part was also avoiding tomato or citrus-based ingredients since their acidity would burn (ouch!).
Most of my smoothie recipes have a bit of citrus, including my favorite jet-lag cure green smoothie. So it was a bit of a challenge to think of a green smoothie I could blend without citrus, until I took a little inspiration from my kitchen hand soap. This cucumber melon smoothie was the perfect remedy!
It’s really simple to make with only five ingredients. The secret in the mild sweetness is using honeydew melon and green grapes. And now cucumber melon smoothies are one of my Sunday spa-day favorites! The recipe is below. Hope you enjoy!
Cucumber Melon Smoothie
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 1 cup green grapes
- 2 cups honeydew melon (about half a melon)
- 1 cup cucumber, diced (skins on)
- 4 cups ice
- Add all ingredients to a blender in the order they’re listed above.
- Blend on low speed until they start to mix together.
- Turn speed to medium-high until desired constancy is reached.
- Pour in a glass and enjoy! If you have any left over, it keeps well in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
Want to save this for later? Pin it!