I’ve got cucumber melon soaps and lotions, but I don’t think I’ve actually made anything flavored cucumber melon until now! After a minor dental surgery (no fun) I had to only eat soft foods for two weeks. The tricky part was also avoiding tomato or citrus-based ingredients since their acidity would burn (ouch!).
Most of my smoothie recipes have a bit of citrus, including my favorite jet-lag cure green smoothie. So it was a bit of a challenge to think of a green smoothie I could blend without citrus, until I took a little inspiration from my kitchen hand soap. This cucumber melon smoothie is just lightly sweet and has a definitive cucumber flavor that is so refreshing it reminds me of something you’d get at a spa.
Cucumber Melon Smoothie
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 1 cup green grapes
- 2 cups honeydew melon (about half a melon)
- 1 cup cucumber, diced (skins on)
- 4 cups ice
- Add all ingredients to a blender in the order they’re listed above.
- Blend on low speed until they start to mix together.
- Turn speed to medium-high until desired constancy is reached.
- Pour in a glass and enjoy! If you have any left over, it keeps well in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Want to save this for later? Pin it!